Saturday, April 4, 2009

Crazy Tech, Exciting things ... and an opportunity for input


OK, so you guys know Calvary Chapel of the Triad has the Kernersville Campus and the Greensboro Campus. In addition, we stream all of the services live over the internet, which you can get to at http://www.reachthetriad.com. In addition, we stream the Cross the Bridge Outreach events live as they are happening.

Also, I "tweet"all the life lessons and the verse references during the service through @CCOT on Twitter. If you would like to receive these updates, you can do so by signing up for a Twitter account (http://www.twitter.com) and following CCOT. If you would like, you can receive the updates on your phone through texts by texting 40404 with Follow CCOT. Check your phone plan before you do that, though - if you have unlimited texting in your plan you should be fine. While your at it, follow me @solarcoast.

We are also working on some video Real Life Groups, which will be coming soon. (You will be able to attend a video RLG from your home, say if you are sick or can't get out, using your computer and a webcam - probably using TokBox.)

In addition, sometimes I turn on a live cam in my office (not during counseling sessions or meetings!) If you are following me on Twitter or facebook, you'll see me announce when the cam is on.

Here's where I'd like to have your input. What if we were to add an internet campus or an iCampus? Basically, enhancing the live stream of the services with some other features that make it more interactive. What features would you guys like to see? Live chat would rock. What else? I'm listening ...

2 comments:

Jersy Girl said...

The interactive live feed sounds great. I think an interactive chat (live chat) would be good so people listening could send in questions and have them answered on the spot. Very cool!
[Today, I'm very thankful for live feed since I can't make it to church after having surgery on Friday.]

Pastor Shawn said...

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I agree and think the live chat would be a great thing.